Unveiling The Mystery Of Effective Selling written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing
Marketing Podcast with David Newman
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview David Newman. He’s the founder of the Do It! MBA mentoring program and the host of The Selling Show, a top-rated business podcast. He is the author of the business bestseller Do It! Marketing, and his new book, Do It! Selling, where David helps professional services sellers land better clients, bigger deals, and higher fees.
Successful selling requires reframing sales as an invitation, and a conversation with an approach to authenticity, curiosity, and service. David Newman joins me to talk about the frameworks needed to generate more effective selling. This requires developing skills of being strategically dumb and perpetually curious, digging deeper into the problem. David emphasizes the importance of focusing on the prospect’s needs and cultivating a mindset of curiosity.
Questions I ask David Newman:
- [01:51] Why do you think many people despise the word selling?
- [02:59] Why do you suppose that selling is considered the hardest work for most people?
- [05:07] Are there certain skills traits, and personality traits that make somebody better than somebody else at selling?
- [07:28] How do you break down the set journey or stages of selling?
- [10:22] Based on the training that people have received over the years for good or bad; things like overcoming objectives or closing problems, do they still have a place in Do It! Selling?
- [15:15] How do you teach people to overcome that fear of price? which is a fear of rejection.
- [17:40] Are there unique aspects for professional services sellers?
- [21:31] How do I go out there and start kind of knocking on doors without cold calling? How do I start building some opportunities?
More About David Newman:
- Pre-order: Do It! Selling
More About The Agency Certification Intensive Training:
- Learn more about the Agency Certification Intensive Training here
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
Duct Tape Transcript
John Jantsch (00:00): This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Creative Elements hosted by Jay Klaus. It’s brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network. The audio destination for business professionals creative elements goes behind the scenes with today’s top creators. Through narrative interviews, Jay Klaus explores how creators like Tim Urban James Clear, Tory Dunlap and Cody Sanchez are building their audiences today. By learning how these creators make a living with their art and creativity, creative elements helps you gain the tools and confidence to do the same. In a recent episode, they talked with Kevin Perry about how he goes viral on every single platform. Listen to creative elements wherever you get your podcast.
(00:52): Hello and welcome to another episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast. This is John Jantsch, and my guest today is David Newman. He is the author of the business best seller, doit Marketing and his new book, doit Selling. He’s the founder of the Doit MBA Mentoring program and the host of the Selling show, a top-rated business podcast with over 300 episodes, I think I maybe even was on once. It helps professionals twice, right? Health professionals, service sellers, land better clients, bigger deals, and higher fees. And that is what we’re gonna talk about today. Welcome back to the show, David.
David Newman (01:28): Hey John. Thank you. It’s great to be here.
John Jantsch (01:30): So the name of your new book, Do it! Selling: 77 Instant Action Ideas to Land Better Clients, bigger Deals and Hire Fees. So when people hear the word selling , uh, you know, I often tell people, entrepreneurs that you know, half 50% of your job, probably at least in the beginning, is gonna be selling . Um, and yet most people, kind of, many people at least despise the word. Why do you suppose that is?
David Newman (02:02): I think it’s two things. I think it’s the way that we have been sold to mm-hmm Scroll back to top
Sign up to receive email updates
Enter your name and email address below and I’ll send you periodic updates about the podcast.
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.