How To Create The Perfect Self-Employed Ecosystem To Attract The Success You Want written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing
Marketing Podcast with Jeffrey Shaw
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Jeffrey Shaw. Jeffrey is an experienced speaker and small-business consultant. He helps self-employed and small-business owners gain control of their businesses in what otherwise seems like uncontrollable circumstances. He’s also the author of a book called: The Self-Employed Life: Business and Personal Development Strategies That Create Sustainable Success.
To be self-employed means more than employing oneself. It’s a choice to challenge yourself to grow personally while building a business. As we develop ourselves, we raise the bar—we’re capable of even more success. What self-employed folks need is both business strategies and personal development to reach and maintain that success. In this episode, Jeffrey Shaw shares his holistic approach to sustainable, self-employed success.
Questions I Ask Jeffrey Shaw:
- [1:55] The term “self-employed” used to be looked upon differently — has the perception changed now?
- [4:36] In your mind, what is self-employed, and what space are you trying to carve out?
- [11:20] What’s your approach to personal development from your own experience?
- [14:01] When you’re working with small business owners and self-employed folks that you work with, where do you see people commonly kind of fall down?
- [16:01] What is the self-employed ecosystem you’ve mentioned?
- [19:02] What are some of the traits and habits that you can identify that really serve people trying to achieve balance and build this ecosystem?
- [22:22] What are some of your thoughts on self-employed individuals in terms of hiring them to do work for you?
More About Jeffrey Shaw:
- His book: The Self-Employed Life: Business and Personal Development Strategies That Create Sustainable Success
- The Self-Employed Summit
- The Self-Employed Assessment
More About Certification Intensive Training:
- Learn more about the training
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
Duct Tape Transcript
John Jantsch (00:00): This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Outbound Squad, formerly Blissful Prospecting, hosted by Jason Bay. It’s brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network, the audio destination for business professionals. Jason Bay is a leading sales expert and he talks with other leading sales experts to get you the information you need. I’ve recent episode, he talked about how much time you need to spend prospecting. Really, really eye-opening. Check it out. Uh, listen to the outbound squad, wherever you get your podcasts.
Jeffrey Shaw (00:44): Hello and welcome to another episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast. This is John Jans, and my guest today is Jeffrey Shaw. He’s an experienced speaker and small business consultant. Uh, he helps self-employed in small business owners, gain control of their business and what otherwise seems like uncontrollable circumstances. Nobody feels that though, really, do they? . He’s also the author of a book called The Self-Employed Life, business and Personal Development Strategies That Create Sustainable Success. So Jeffrey, welcome to the show. Hey, John, I’m so glad to be here with you. Thank you. So forgive me, but you were on for lingo, weren’t you? I don’t think so. No, I don’t, I don’t think, I think this is my first time on. So this is a, this is a career milestone. Achieved . Well, I’m sorry. I don’t know how we didn’t make that happen, because I know we talked about it, so it was, uh, certainly, uh, the world rushes by, doesn’t it?
(01:35): It does indeed. So let’s talk about this term. Self-employed. Mm-hmm. Scroll back to top
Sign up to receive email updates
Enter your name and email address below and I’ll send you periodic updates about the podcast.
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.