Instagram is a social networking service that people use to share photos and videos. Since 2010, it has become one of the most popular social media tools in today’s media world.
There are billions of users worldwide who open Instagram accounts, whether for personal or business and marketing sharing. But in some cases, users face situations like password changes. There are many reasons to change your Instagram password. Here are the common reasons:
- Users can forget the password.
- Instagram may require changing the password.
- In case a user loses or changes the device, there is a possibility that someone else can access it.
- An account is in danger, such as a cyber security attack.
- When someone else tries to access it.
There are inseparable benefits of changing Instagram accounts.
- Changing your password regularly will protect account formation and data.
- Secondly, a hacker may try to access your account continuously. So it is important to change passwords regularly.
- Thirdly, you should not have the same password for all your accounts because it will put all your accounts in danger. Lastly, saved passwords on specific devices can give access to someone else.
How to Change Password on Instagram
If you are trying to log into your Instagram account online and forgot your password, from the login screen, you need to request to reset it or tap ‘forgot password.’ You can reset your password with your phone number, email address, or Facebook account and follow on-screen instructions. The link will depend on your choice of address. Then you can build your new password.
If you remember your current password and still want to change it, you can change it in the settings:
- Open Instagram on a website.
- Log in to your account.
- Click the account icon at the bottom of the window and select the gear icon.
- Click on Change Password in the account interface.
- Enter the current and new passwords you want to build. Lastly, tap Change Password.
How to Change Instagram Password on Computer Desktop
Here are the steps to change the password if you forget your password:
- Open the Instagram website on your desktop.
- On the login screen, tap ‘Forgot Password?’
- Enter your username or email address and click Login Link.
- Reset your password according to the message instructions your receive.
You can also change your password on the computer using the Instagram phone interface. If you are wondering how to use Instagram mobile view on pc, you can have a look.
How to Change Instagram Password on iPhone
You can reset your password on your iPhone app when you forget and cannot log in. Download the Instagram app from AppStore and change your password. It takes a few minutes, but it may not be evident if you don’t know the steps. Here are the steps to reset your forgotten Instagram password:
- Open the login screen. You will see Forgot Password above login.
- Tap Phone or Username
- Type your phone number, username, or email address, and tap Next.
- Use the link sent to your phone or email to reset your password.
As we mentioned, you may need or want to change your Instagram password without forgetting it. Maybe there is another reason and purpose. You can change it anytime. Here is how to change it:
- Log in to your account.
- You can find your profile picture in the bottom right corner. There are settings.
- Then tap a three-line icon and choose Privacy and Security.
- Then, find Password at the bottom.
- Type your current and the new password, then tap Save to finish.
These steps are valid on the Android Instagram app as well.
What to Do If I Can’t Change My Instagram Password with Email
There is a possibility that the email reset request is not working, or you are not receiving emails from Instagram. Here are what you can try in this situation:
- Maybe the previous email request has expired. So try requesting a new one.
- Ensure you reset your Instagram password correctly in the email instead of selecting login.
- Check your junk or spam filter in your email.
- Try to reset your password through Facebook verification.
- Contact your email service provider to get emails from Instagram.
Note: Instagram cannot give access to your account if you mistyped your email address when signing up.
What Are the Tips for Building New Password?
There are some things you have to keep in mind when building a new password for your Instagram account. Here are the tips:
- Password needs to be easy for you but difficult for others to guess.
- Using a combination of letters, numbers, and characters is good.
- You can’t use easy passwords to think, such as birthdays.
- Your password, like your email, must be different from your other account passwords.
- Longer passwords are better for security.
- Let iCloud Keychain offer long and complicated passwords.
Why Does Instagram Recommend Changing The Password?
When Instagram notices that outside sources underexpose your account, they recommend changing the password. Instagram never stores the previous password. The risk can occur when you use the same password on another app and when an account is synched by an unauthorized third app—especially third parties. But when you change your password, it will be logged out from all devices, and nobody will have access. It is essential, especially when you use public devices. That is why it is safe to change the password immediately after receiving the message from Instagram. At least you have to set up two-factor authentication for additional security because it will ask you for confirmation when someone else tries to access your account.
Instagram distinguishes itself from other social media platforms thanks to its focus on images. The days when you just cared about changing your Insta…
Also, if you know someone trying to access your account, you can browse accounts using Instagram Viewer while keeping your privacy.
What to Do If Access to the Email Address Is Lost
If you lost access to an email address that you used to sign up for Instagram, you must try to regain it. If still unsuccessful, you can update your profile information on your account. But if you can’t access your email address, Instagram is unable to give access to your account. That is why you have to contact email providers to regain your account information. They will offer instructions to access your email. You will have to provide a phone number and answer security questions.
If you can’t access the email address you registered to your Instagram account, you have to log in to Instagram and change your email. This is important because someone else may have access to your account. But before you begin, you must ensure you have access to your Instagram account. If you can’t access your profile settings, you won’t be able to continue.
What to Do If You Can’t Access Instagram to Change Your Email Address
If you don’t have any access to email, phone or Instagram, follow these steps:
- Open Instagram and enter the last used email address.
- Tap Forgot Password?
- Tap Can’t Reset Your Password?
- Follow instructions to ask for support requests.
To keep your account safe, you must remember some valuable tips. These will help you to protect your account and all data in it. Also, you can download your shares as a backup.
- Build a strong password with combinations.
- You have to set up two-factor authentication for security.
- Analyze before authorizing a third-party app.
- Log out from unknown and temporary devices like computers in internet cafes.
- Change your password regularly. Considers the alert messages from Instagram.
- Don’t share your password you don’t know or trust.
- You can download your data and everything as a backup.
- Don’t tap ‘Remember me’ on public devices.
- Keep your email account safe, and don’t have the same password.
- Contact Instagram Support If there are any security problems you cannot solve in these steps.
In this article, we explained how to change your Instagram password. Password is an essential part of our life as we are connected to the digital world and share our personal information on social network services like Instagram. So we need a password to protect our accounts and personal data from outside attacks. That’s why we have to change our passwords regularly to make sure someone else can’t have access to our accounts. In this case, whether we use Instagram on computers or phones, we can change passwords anytime by following instructions such as password reset requests by email. Also, we can build a new password in settings by login.