Marketing Podcast with Todd Cochrane
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Todd Cochrane. Todd is the CEO of Blubrry Podcasting – a podcast media company that represents 105,000 Audio and Video podcasters in which his company provides advertising opportunities, media distribution/hosting, podcast media statistics, and other services. He is a podcast advertising specialist, and he founded the Tech Podcast Network in 2004.
Podcasting and the podcast industry have changed over the years in many ways like the way podcasts are produced, how more easily accessible it is to start your own, and how the monetization of podcasts works today are just a few examples. In this episode, I talk with Todd Cochrane, the CEO of Blubrry a podcast media company, about how the podcast and audio content has changed over the years and where it stands today.
Questions I ask Todd Cochrane:
- [2:07] What shows are you hosting today?
- [2:54] What does the podcast media company look like today, and what was your idea for starting it?
- [4:32] Is that was that the initial vision was to just make it easier to get those shows syndicated?
- [5:48] Do you think podcasting is the hottest advertising medium going on today?
- [7:06] Would you say that we are almost at a point where we need to redefine what a podcast is?
- [8:09] What’s your take on the distinction between audio and video and what people consume most today?
- [12:02] What are your current feelings about the technology that you’re using?
- [15:48] Could you talk a little bit about the opportunities you think are out there with this form of advertising?
- [19:01] Do you think podcasting is going to go in the direction of subscriptions and paying for content like other mediums have?
- [20:55] Is there anything coming for Blubrry that people might not know about yet?
More About Todd Cochrane:
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network and Drip.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
Did you know there’s an automated marketing platform that’s 100% designed for your online business? It’s called Drip, and it’s got all the data insights, segmentation savvy, and email and SMS marketing tools you need to connect with customers on a human level, make boatloads of sales, and grow with gusto. Try Drip free for 14 days (no credit card required), and start turning emails into earnings and SMS sends into cha-chings.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND