Marketing Podcast with Jack McGuinness
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Jack McGuinness. Jack is a management consultant with over 35 years of experience. After serving with the U.S. Army’s 10th Mountain Division, he helped build a successful boutique management consulting firm where he served as COO for 13 years. In 2009, he co-founded a new firm, Relationship Impact, a consulting firm focused on working with CEOs to unleash the potential of their leadership teams. He has a new book called — Building Great Leadership Teams: A Practical Approach to Unleashing the Full Potential of your Teams.
Leadership teams have an enormous impact on their organizations. Dysfunctional teams hold their organizations back but great leadership teams accelerate their health and productivity. In this episode, I talk with the co-founder of Relationship Impact, Jack McGuinness, about what a great leadership team looks like, how it feels to be part of one, and what it takes to build a great one.
Questions I ask Jack McGuinness:
- [2:45] What is this book going to bring to the leadership genre?
- [3:40] Why is being a leader such a challenge for entrepreneurs sometimes?
- [7:31] How do you start looking at who should be on the team?
- [10:47] When you see teams break down, what’s the single greatest factor in the demise?
- [12:13] Do you think that it’s a good idea for teams to intentionally seek diversity?
- [13:23] Is what you’re talking about just as much a retention and recruitment tool as it is a productivity tool?
- [15:30] What is the leader’s job in a team?
- [17:52] So if I’m a leader or I’m on a team, and I’m thinking I need to pick up this book, what am I going to find in the book?
- [18:59] Where can people find out more about your book and your work?
More About Jack McGuinness:
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network and BELAY.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
BELAY is an incredible organization revolutionizing productivity with its virtual assistants, bookkeepers, website specialists, and social media managers for growing organizations. To help you get started, BELAY is offering its latest book, Delegate to Elevate, for free to all our listeners. In this ebook, learn how to reclaim time to focus on what only you can do by delegating. To download your free copy, click here to claim or text TAPE to 55123. Accomplish more and juggle less with BELAY.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND