Marketing Podcast with Jhana Li
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Jhana Li. Jhana has over 4 years of experience as a COO and Operations Consultant for digital entrepreneurs. She specializes in executing scalable team, systems infrastructure, and harnessing the true power of operations as a lever for compound growth.
Today, operations is an underutilized lever for growth. Operations is any task or action required within a business to optimize its use of its core resources – time, energy, money, and human potential. In this episode, I talk with Operations Consultant, Jhana Li, about how to harness the power of operations, cultivate a company culture in a way that supports both the individual and an organization’s growth, and create systems and processes for all parts of the business.
Questions I ask Jhana Li:
- [1:25] What’s your definition of operations when you’re talking to a business owner?
- [2:41] Does operations still exist as its own department today, and how has the operations department changed?
- [5:12] What are some things that people are doing to develop their company culture with distributed teams?
- [10:12] How does a business balance outsourcing talent and hiring freelancers while maintaining and building their team culture?
- [12:59] Is there a breaking point where having an internal team works better than someone orchestrating a lot of external members?
- [14:55] How do you operationalize this idea of creating systems and processes for all parts of the business?
- [17:17] How do you invite innovation when you delegate processes?
- [20:15] How do you engage with folks with the work that you do?
- [21:25] How would you define an operator?
- [22:48] Can this operator or person run a company, or does a company need somebody who has strategic vision as more of their zone of genius?
More About Jhana Li:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network and VistaCreate.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
Small business owners have a lot on their plate, but luckily you don’t have to be a graphic designer, extraordinary superstar, creative strategist, or marketing maven to make your work come to life on social media. With VistaCreate, you can create beautiful assets without design experience or needing to delegate to a third party – making it the ultimate hack for creating slick visuals that boost engagement. You can have designs that look like they took you hours made in minutes. Try it out for free.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND