Marketing Podcast with Rob Meyerson
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Rob Meyerson. Rob is a namer, brand consultant, and principal and founder of Heirloom, an independent brand strategy, and identity firm. He also has a new book: Brand Naming: The Complete Guide to Creating a Name for Your Company, Product, or Service.
A name is one of the first, longest-lasting, and most important decisions in defining the identity of your company, your product, or your service. Rob Meyerson is a professional namer and brand consultant. In this episode, Rob is sharing what makes a good (and bad) name, his process for identifying a name, and his best-practice methodologies.
Questions I ask Rob Meyerson:
- [1:13] Was there a special process for coming up with your company name – Heirloom?
- [3:52] You’ve worked with a lot of pretty big names in your career – would you say that this idea is equally as important for a small business as it might be for a division of a Fortune 500 company?
- [5:20] Are there attributes from a general perspective that your brand name should have?
- [6:55] How important do you feel it is for a name to evoke some sort of emotion?
- [7:50] How do you measure if a brand re-name or re-focus is successful?
- [9:41] Do you have any kind of favorite brand success stories?
- [14:42] Is the risk versus reward worth it with made-up names or is it simpler to define what you do in your name?
- [17:21] How does your brand naming process work?
- [20:15] Given the fact that you mentioned that time will tell whether or not you chose a good name – is there a gut-wrenching moment where you all decide to move forward with a brand name?
- [21:20] How important is it that the dot com name is available?
- [22:46] Where can people find out more about your work and get a copy of your book?
More About Rob Meyerson:
More About The Certified Marketing Manager Program Powered By Duct Tape Marketing:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network and WorkBetterNow.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
Whether you are looking to sell your business in the near future or just want to make it more scalable and profitable, Work Better Now’s virtual assistants can help you get there.
Work Better Now clients say that their Virtual Executive Assistants have made an impact on their businesses well beyond their expectations. For only $1900/month, you get a full-time assistant who is 100% dedicated to your business. There are no contracts and no additional costs. Based in Latin America with incredible English proficiency and business experience, Work Better Now Assistants undergo a rigorous screening and on-boarding process.
Get $150.00 off per month for 3 months just by mentioning “Duct Tape”. Learn more here.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND