Marketing Podcast with Ryan Englin
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Ryan Englin. Ryan is the CEO of Core Fit Hiring which helps blue-collar companies fill frontlines with quality technicians and craftworkers.
Finding the right talent is not an easy task to conquer. In fact, many people waste time hiring the wrong people or have a difficult time retaining the people they worked so hard to attract.
In this episode, I talk with the founder of Core Fit Hiring, Ryan Englin, about why people have such a difficult time attracting the right talent today and what you need to do to attract quality frontline workers who align with your company values — and how to get them to stay.
Questions I Ask Ryan Englin:
- [0:48] In the skilled worker and technician community, it’s been harder to fill positions – can you give me your take on that?
- [2:36] Is the trade industry itself going to have to make some fundamental changes or use better marketing to draw people to the industry again?
- [4:28] The best salespeople for getting more people in your organization are happy employees that are pumped about what they’re doing, but how do you bring that into a culture where that hasn’t existed?
- [5:39] People connect with stories far better than they connect with features – how do you extract stories in industries some of these industries to effectively help them draw employees?
- [7:12] If people are coming to you now and saying how do we attract and retain people, what is some of the advice that you’re giving people in this particular environment? people?
- [8:33] If there’s something about your company, your culture, or your team that isn’t attractive, how do you fix that?
- [9:17] If I’m listening to this show and I’m particularly trying to hire, or at least get my name in front of potential candidates, are you finding a channel that seems to be most effective for getting on people’s radars?
- [11:00] Do employers need to start lowering their expectations about skill and experience?
- [12:42] Would you be going to university situations or to vocational schools and trying to get involved at that early point?
- [14:09] What role are unions playing in this industry today?
- [15:51] With supply and demand being what it is, is there a pressure on wages right now that is really going to create some costing problems for contractors?
- [17:14] How big of a problem is poaching?
- [19:09] If people are interested in this topic and they hire skilled workers, where they can find out more about some of your work?
More About Ryan Englin:
More About The Certified Marketing Manager Program Powered by Duct Tape Marketing
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND