Marketing Podcast with John Jantsch
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I’m doing part four of a solo show series where I’m covering one of my favorite topics: referrals. You can catch the first episode, second episode, and third episode of the Referral Generation series here.
I’m doing a series on Referral Generation where I’m presenting what I’m calling the seven grades of referral fuel.
In the first episode of the series, I introduce all seven approaches. In the second episode, I dive into why you should have referral offers for every client and what those offers should look like. In the third episode, I share why there’s immense value in working with partners who also serve your existing clients and why leveraging your internal team for referral generation is essential.
In this episode, I talk about one of the most powerful forms of lead generation your business can build: strategic partnerships. One of the most effective ways to generate lots of high-quality referrals is to develop a network of partners that you are strategically aligned with.
Topics I cover:
- [2:04] Why create a strategic partner network
- [2:47] The frame of mind to have when building a strategic partnership
- [3:04] Making yourself more valuable to your clients
- [3:25] The first step to building a strategic partner network
- [4:42] Why a process is essential for strategic partnerships to be successful
- [5:15] Why this is one of the most potent strategies for referrals
- [6:11] Getting clear on who your ideal customer is
- [6:44] Knowing your marketing process so you can follow up
- [8:12] What the perfect introduction process is
- [10:07] Getting referrals isn’t the only goal — it’s about establishing relationships with people who can become a valuable asset to your business
- [12:00] Developing partnerships from a co-marketing standpoint
- [13:55] Creating referral reward options
Resources I mention:
More About The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network and Ahrefs.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
Wish you could get more traffic from Google? Half the battle is understanding what you need to fix on your site. With Ahrefs Webmaster Tools, you can get a professional website audit for FREE. Ahrefs will discover optimization opportunities for your website and help you get more organic traffic. Visit ahrefs.com/awt, sign up for this free tool, connect it to your website and you’re all set.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND