Marketing Podcast with April Rinne
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview April Rinne. April is a World Economic Forum Young Global Leader and ranked one of the “50 Leading Female Futurists” in the world by Forbes. She helps individuals and organizations rethink and reshape their relationship with change, uncertainty, and a world in flux. She released a new book this year called – Flux: 8 Superpowers for Thriving in Constant Change.
Being adaptable and flexible have always been hallmarks of effective leadership and living a fulfilling life. But in a world of constant change, flexibility and resilience can be stretched to and beyond their breaking points. The quest of life becomes how to find calm and lasting meaning in the midst of enduring chaos.
In this episode, April Rinne talks about her new book Flux and the 8 powerful mindset shifts that enable people of all ages to thrive in a time of unprecedented change and uncertainty. These eight superpowers empower people to see change in new ways, craft new responses, and reshape their relationship to change from the inside out.
Questions I ask April Rinne:
- [1:26] Would you say that right now in this current moment that people have a new relationship with change?
- [1:43] Why is it that we resist change so much?
- [2:55] We just had a giant experiment in massive change for a lot of people. There were those who dealt with the change and ran towards innovation. Would you say there was an element of positivity to that change even though it’s not the change we chose?
- [5:22] Are you advocating that we have to actually go out there and seek change and make change instead of letting it happen to us?
- [9:54] Can you talk a little bit about these two concepts you’ve covered – flux baseline and flux deficit?
- [12:11] There’s value in seeing the value in change. Would you say that if you come to a place where you have that relationship with change, you may still struggle when it hits you, but you’ll also see the value in it and the message that it carries?
- [14:18] Would calling your book a change management book be doing it a disservice?
- [16:32] Your book has a framework of eight superpowers. One of the things that hit me at first when I was studying it was that you have what I would call all the elements of mindfulness to them and more than just intention. Would you say that’s valid?
- [18:01] I’ll ask you to talk a little bit about one of the superpowers that stood out a little bit. And that’s the idea of the portfolio career. Can you talk a little bit more about that?
- [21:55] Can a culture or an organization have a flux capacity?
- [23:36] Where can people find out more about Flux and where to connect with you?
More About April Rinne:
More About Certified Marketing Manager Program Powered By Duct Tape Marketing:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network and Sendinblue.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
Sendinblue, an all-in-one digital marketing platform empowering small businesses to build stronger customer relationships through end-to-end digital marketing campaigns. We are here to support businesses successfully navigating their digital presence in order to strengthen their customer relationships
Sendinblue allows you to create captivating and personalized email campaigns, custom landing pages, signup forms, automated workflows, transactional messaging, CRM, and more. Duct Tape Marketing fans can click here to learn more about Sendinblue and sign up for a free trial! You can also use this promo code to get 50% off your first three months on either our lite or premium account!
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND