Marketing Podcast with Jeffrey Davis
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Jeffrey Davis. Jeffrey is an author, team culture consultant, educator, and CEO of Tracking Wonder Consultancy. For over 25 years, he’s inspired thousands of change-makers, leaders, and creatives to unlock their best ideas through the pursuit of curiosity, innovation, and wonder. He’s also the author of a new book launching Nov. 16, 2021 – Tracking Wonder: Reclaiming a Life of Meaning and Possibility in a World Obsessed with Productivity.
Wonder is the one radical quality that has led people from all walks of life to make their deepest dreams and wildest endeavors come to life. Wonder has remarkable effects on our resilience, our thinking, and our capacity to connect with one another.
In this episode, I talk with Jeffrey Davis, author, and CEO of Tracking Wonder Consultancy, about how the lost art of wonder can help us cultivate creativity, sustain the motivation to pursue our big ideas, navigate uncertainty and crises, deepen our relationships, and more.
Questions I ask Jeffrey Davis:
- [1:31] Define wonder.
- [2:57] If we are born with wonder, how do we lose it as we grow older?
- [3:58] Do daily habits and rituals that help us with productivity numb us to change or surprise?
- [5:17] How do you get people to see the importance of wonder in the workplace with individuals who are professionals, executives, teams, and organizations?
- [8:24] I think that bringing wonder in as an experience into people’s lives is probably going to take some work or practice — can you give me an example of how to do that or how to be intentional about it?
- [14:25] How would you encourage somebody to apply this in a customer service or even a sales role?
- [16:27] How do you handle a situation where somebody is basically faking wonder for a while?
- [20:27] What’s the impact that you want to have on the reader or the people that take even just a kernel of this to heart?
- [23:19] Where can people connect with you and find out more about the book itself and the work that you’re doing around wonder?
More About Jeffrey Davis:
More About Certified Marketing Manager Program Powered By Duct Tape Marketing:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network and Sendinblue.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
Sendinblue, an all-in-one digital marketing platform empowering small businesses to build stronger customer relationships through end-to-end digital marketing campaigns. We are here to support businesses successfully navigating their digital presence in order to strengthen their customer relationships
Sendinblue allows you to create captivating and personalized email campaigns, custom landing pages, signup forms, automated workflows, transactional messaging, CRM, and more. Duct Tape Marketing fans can click here to learn more about Sendinblue and sign up for a free trial! You can also use this promo code to get 50% off your first three months on either our lite or premium account!
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND