Twitter allows you to express your thoughts about anything and interact with people. You can come across people you already know or a stranger and socialize with them. However, you may not prefer to interact with people publicly and may want to protect your tweets by making your Twitter account private from time to time or even for all the time.
What Does It Mean to Have a Private Twitter Account?
When you sign up on Twitter, your account and tweet are visible to anyone. So it means that your tweets view publicly, and people can interact with you throughout your tweets. However, once you make your account private, your Tweets are only visible to people that are your followers.
If you choose to go private on your account, it provides you a private platform in a way. It shows that you want to share your thoughts and interact with specific people who are your followers. Other than that, there are the other things about having a private account here stated below:
- If anyone wants to see your tweets, they need to follow you on Twitter. Then you will receive a request, and you can accept or deny it.
- Search engines are not able to find your private tweets. It means that tweets are protected from third-party search engines.
- Your followers only search and find your tweets on Twitter.
- Your Tweets are not allowed to Retweet, and also Retweet icon is not seen by anyone.
How to Go Private On Twitter?
There are a few and easy steps for you to make your account private. You can protect your Twitter account with the following steps on your desktop:
- Login to your Twitter account.
- From the menu on the left, click on the ‘More’ button.
- Head over to ‘Settings and privacy.’
- Then select Privacy and Safety.
- Click on ‘Audience and Tagging.’
- Lastly, click on the ‘Protect your Tweets’ checkbox.
- Click on ‘Protect’ to end the process.
A Quick Reminder
Keep in mind that you can always undo the process of protecting your Twitter account by choosing the Cancel option at the end or unselecting to Protect My Tweets option at any time.
FAQ About Make Twitter Account Private
You can make your Twitter account private easily with the following steps stated above.
If anyone wants to protect the tweets and interact only with their followers, they might prefer a private account and hide their tweets to see publicly.
It means that private accounts only prefer to interact with their followers and the tweets are not to be publicly visible on Twitter. A private account would receive follower requests and the chance to reject or accept them. Tweets of a private account are not publicly seen and found with a search. Private accounts can not be visible to third-party search engines.
When you sign up on Twitter, your account is publicly accessible to anyone by default. So, anyone can see your tweets if you haven’t changed the settings and privacy on Twitter.
Only the followers of the private account can see the tweets and interact with that account.
Conclusion Of How to Make Your Twitter Account Private
In this article, we tried to explain how to go private on Twitter. Besides that, you can find what it means to have a private account on Twitter. Therefore, we hope you’ll find this useful in making your Twitter account private.