Marketing Podcast with John Jantsch
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I’m doing part one of a solo show series on where I’m going to be covering one of my favorite topics: referrals.
In a recent Texas Tech Survey, out of 2000 consumers, 89% of them claimed they had a business that they loved enough that they would gladly recommend — only 29% of them actually did it. Why is there such a gap? One of the main reasons is that they just aren’t being asked to.
In this series, I’m presenting what I’m calling the seven grades of referral fuel. I’m unpacking the first of seven specific tactics or approaches that are sure to help you generate more referrals for your business.
Topics I cover:
- [1:22] The seven grades of referral fuel
- [3:59] Why people don’t refer businesses they love
- [5:23] Referrals remove decision-making risk
- [6:54] How getting referrals affects the lifetime value of that newly acquired customer
- [8:53] Introduce the idea of referrals in the sales process
- [9:58] Figuring out your customer success quotient
- [12:42] Focusing on every customer interaction
Resources I mention:
More About The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND