Marketing Podcast with Dan Gingiss
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Dan Gingiss. Dan is an international keynote speaker and coach who believes that a remarkable customer experience is your best sales and marketing strategy. His 20-year professional career included leadership positions at McDonald’s, Discover, and Humana. He’s also the author of – The Experience Maker: How to Create Remarkable Experiences That Your Customers Can’t Wait to Share.
How can companies stand out in a crowded marketplace that’s constantly evolving? The answer is customer experience. And the best part about customer experience is that it’s delivered by human beings who are unique to your company. No one else has your human beings, which means that you can provide a customer experience that no one else can. It’s time to make your customer experience a competitive advantage.
In this episode, I talk with keynote speaker and coach, Dan Gingiss, about how listening to and engaging with your customers will actually help you acquire new customers. Instead of spending more money on marketing and trying to acquire new customers, you should focus on providing your existing customers with a remarkable experience.
Questions I ask Dan Gingiss:
- [1:25] “86% of people admit in a recent survey to paying more for a better experience.” — what do you think about this statistic?
- [2:58] Why is providing a better experience for companies to make a priority – is there some sort of deep-seated, psychological reason why we don’t do it?
- [7:43] You have a framework in your book that you call Wise R – can you unpack that acronym for us?
- [12:05] It’s hard to track ROI for customer experience. Nobody gets a quota for creating evangelists that they have to meet. So what is some of the work that you’ve done with the idea of tracking and measuring it?
- [14:21] Can you talk more about the dramatic cost savings in having a better customer experience that you cover in your book?
- [16:01] What’s your impression of the role technology plays in all of this?
- [18:58] Is there an example of a good IVR system that you’ve ever encountered?
- [20:51] Are we ready for an ‘Experience Maker’ to be a role at a company, and should every company have one?
- [22:31] Where can people find out more about the Experience Maker or any work that you’re doing that you’d like to share?
More About Dan Gingiss:
More About The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND