Marketing Podcast with Augie Johnston
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Augie Johnston. Augie is a 35-year-old ex-YouTuber, former professional basketball player, turned entrepreneur. He is currently making waves in the video editing industry with a start-up called Vidchops.
Video is an incredibly powerful medium that helps you build authority in your niche and connect with your audience with your message on a personal level. But… is video right for your business?
The short answer is yes. In this episode, Augie Johnston talks with me about how businesses of all sizes can start using video effectively and ways to use video in your content strategy.
Questions I ask Augie Johnston:
- [1:06] What does Vidchops do?
- [1:28] What problem were you trying to solve in creating Vidchops?
- [2:18] What expectations do you think consumers have today when it comes to video?
- [3:41] Would you say that there’s still a place for video just in the marketing and foundational marketing?
- [4:28] What are some other ways that would make sense for a small business to use video in their overall content play?
- [5:38] Are there effective uses for video on somebody’s website where they’re already driving traffic?
- [7:02] Why is video perhaps more effective than written word or audio?
- [7:34] So what’s a good way for somebody to get started who’s not using video?
- [9:51] What do you advise people in terms of the length of their videos?
- [11:27] Can you talk a little bit about how VidChops works and the work that you do?
- [12:46] Who edits your videos?
- [13:32] What trends are you seeing in video right now — what do people need to be paying attention to?
- [14:21] Are there more effective ways to get people to take action from your videos (i.e. video end cards, etc.)?
- [15:37] Where can people find out more about Vidchops?
More About Augie Johnston:
More About The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND