Marketing Podcast with Kelly Lewis
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Kelly Lewis. Kelly is the founder of Damesly, a boutique women’s tour company, and creator of Go! GirlGuides, the world’s first series of travel guidebooks designed specifically for women. She’s also the author of a book called Tell Her She Can’t: Inspiring Stories of Unstoppable Women.
Kelly Lewis set out to share her story and impact the lives of every woman who has been told she isn’t strong enough, smart enough, or capable enough to excel. In Kelly’s recent book, Tell Her She Can’t, she shares the true stories of 35 inspirational women who overcame the naysayers to achieve “impossible” dreams.
In this episode, we discuss how Kelly found a way to take the negative experiences she was going through and turn them into fuel that could push her forward instead of letting them derail her life.
Questions I Ask Kelly Lewis:
- [0:48] The title of your book feels a little bit like a dare – is that a bit of what you’re trying to evoke?
- [1:15] Were you at some point told in your life that you can’t?
- [2:02] Why is it so important for others to tell us that we can’t do something?
- [3:29] Was there a point at which you were going to make the assumption that you’ve achieved what some people would call a level of success?
- [6:50] Are there inherent differences in travel for women?
- [9:44] Would you say that there’s certainly an element of this idea that people don’t come out of the womb and decide that they’re going to take on the world?
- [12:01] What are some of your favorite stories that have seemed to have really touched people?
- [13:26] How did you collect your stories of these women in your book?
- [16:02] Do you see your work as part of the mission to affect broader social change in the treatment of women everywhere?
- [16:48] Has the travel bug hit you again yet?
- [17:22] Give us an idea of a fun trip that you’ve put together?
- [18:22] Where can people find out more about all of your work?
More About Kelly Lewis:
More About The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Wix Partners & Fiverr Business.
When your agency partners with Wix, you unlock an entire digital ecosystem for creating, managing, and growing your business online. So you can run your agency the way you’ve always wanted to. Get the full coding and design freedom to create anything your clients need along with the tools to manage and collaborate with your team seamlessly from anywhere.
And when it comes to growing your business — you can get matched with new leads every day, and earn revenue share for every website you create. They’ll all be backed by Wix’s industry-leading security and site performance. You’ll also have dedicated account managers on standby 24/7, so you can reach your goals and start setting new ones. Head over to Wix.com/Partners and reimagine what your agency can accomplish.
Fiverr Business connects your team with expert freelancers and provides a powerful workspace to manage all your projects and budgets more efficiently. You get access to a curated catalog of top outsourced talent in 500+ categories – already vetted for quality and experience. You can create projects, approve budgets, and manage your freelancing activity in one workspace.
They help you need to succeed by providing you with designated Business Success Managers to help all your accounts match with the right talent for every task and make the most of each tool for success while providing priority customer support. Learn more about Fiverr Business here.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND